Mindfulness and compassion can take time to develop and may require additional supports. To help you start, continue, or assess your own practice, I offer the articles below and numerous resources, including:
- The Meditation Habit Worksheet;
- The Pause and Begin Again e-book;
- The Heart of Loving-Kindness Practice Guide;
- The Personal Well-Being Worksheet; and
- Numerous Guided Meditations available on YouTube or Insight Timer.
I love writing and I love mindfulness so it’s no surprise that I have written several pieces on mindfulness. I have also talked about my mindfulness practice on several excellent podcasts, so please check out my Media page for more.
- How Mindfulness and My Inner Lawyer-Mom Helped Me Face My Own Anger published by Above the Law
- When Lawyers Ask Me How to Start a Meditation Practice, I Say These 4 Words published by Constellation Marketing
- Lawyer-Moms Who Think Their Lives Are Too Messy for Mindfulness Should Read This published by Above the Law
- Zen in the Art of LinkedIn published by Mindful Life, Mindful Work
- Diversity and Wellness Programs Aren’t Working: Change Systems, Not People published by the Kentucky Bar Association Bench & Bar (co-authored with Loren VanDyke Wolfe)
- Three Mindfulness Tools to Help You Care for Your Brilliant Legal Mind published by DRI in For the Defense
Want to learn more about mindfulness and compassion? Check out my new book, How to Be a Badass Lawyer, for a simple guide to creating a meditation practice of your own in 30 days. And to share mindfulness with your little one, check out my new children’s book, Mommy Needs a Minute.
Enjoy these resources? Subscribe to the blog or follow on social media so you don’t miss it when we add more.